By the end of this module you will understand how to research a business and build a content marketing plan, using interviews and digital tools.
In this module you will reach out to the business sponsor to understand the objective of the business and how it adds value. You will then build on this knowledge in developing an initial content marketing plan which will be the foundation for the upcoming modules.
Module 3 Part A: Conduct an initial business audit
Setup time with your business sponsor to investigate the organization and the product/service you will be focusing on. You will address:
- What is the mission of the business
- What products/services are offered
- Who is the target audience
- What marketing is currently being undertaken
Module 3 Part B: Build a content marketing plan
In this module you will distill the organization down into a number of keywords and associated hashtags and locate sources for curated content, which will form the basis of the content marketing plan. Steps you will cover:
- Identify keywords related to the product
- Use a search engine for competitive analysis
- Locate popular Twitter hashtags around these terms
- Locate relevant sources of information
- Create an initial Content Marketing Plan